4.17.2010

heard it through the grapevine.

i've been trying to avoid officially announcing our engagement - not because i'm ashamed or anything, but mainly because i know our wedding is over a year away and don't think it's quite necessary yet. immediate family, of course know. and people at work know. it's kinda hard to hide such a huge rock. ;)  but i haven't told friends or out-of-town family or even in-town family. because once you start telling a couple of people, shit starts going down. (the rock is on the right - ignore my chipping nail polish.)

 and i made that mistake the other day. i posted some pictures of our new house onto facebook and my aunt deanne commented saying how she couldn't wait to visit. so i said that i couldn't wait either and maybe she can see it when she comes down next november. well then both my aunt deanne and aunt susie jumped in and asked "why, what's happening in november?" damn you facebook.

and then my mother informed me that my grandma was getting her haircut by my tía tk when my tía exclaimed that she was excited for my aunt deanne and aunt susie to come down. of course, since i haven't told my grandma yet, she was wondering why.

so i think we're going to get some nice engagement photos done and send some engagement announcements soon. like in the next month or so i hope. that way i'll be able to tell everyone at once and avoid the "why haven't you told me?" chaos.  i found a photographer that i just love - jennifer bowen - so i guess i should probably contact her soon to get some pricing info and such. unless anyone has any other ideas of who can do some beautifully amazing pictures for us. i was thinking of finding a photographer that wouldn't mind traveling down to tucson so we could do some on the u of a campus - since that's where we spent most of our time at together. then maybe doing some somewhere here in aj/mesa since that's where we'll be starting our futures together. i think it'll be fun. can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment